Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Welcome

Well, this is my first post...I never imagined I'd be blogging for any reason. For starters, the title "Purely Opinion" is the basis in which this strand of blog runs. Nothing I write is to be interpreted to be impressed upon anyone forcefully, and if I by some odd chance I offend someone, I sincerely apologize now because no further apologies will be given.

I'd like to start by thanking Lizzi Davis; the gal who took interest in my views in the first place. I won't presume my POV to be interesting or revolutionary. I don't believe myself to be more intelligent, clever, or cunning than any other person, so what I write is for the selfish, but reasonable, desire to be heard.

The greatest ways in which one may formulate a coherent thought is to write it. To speak a thought gives way to mistake by those who do not retain the rhetoric to create the desired point in which they wish to make. This is often the reason for the most misunderstandings between two or more people and why Henry David Thoreau and other essayists were so effective.  Well, for now, that'll be all. Thanks to those who read, and thanks to Lizzi for encouraging me, she rocks the casbah!

4 comments:

  1. I just took your blog's comment virginity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck...that's the worst thing I think I've heard you say! Not gonna lie though, I laughed pretty hard at that. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I guess you don't know me that well :P

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I guess that's true, but I am learning.

      Delete